“Kidstime” is an exciting worship service (K-5th grade) designed to bring the children into a closer relationship with God. Centered around a monthly character virtue, the children learn through music, dance, videos, games, and small group time. Children are learning biblical truths in a way that is fun and exciting and tailored just for them. Church will never be called “boring” again!
This is a time for children to learn lessons from the bible, develop bible skills, and realize how the bible is relevant in their lives today. Our dedicated teachers offer a nurturing and fun environment as they lead the children into a deeper knowledge of who God is and how to know him better. We also encourage the classes to participate in various community service/mission projects throughout the year and have social outings to build relationships with their teachers and classmates.
At 9:15 you will drop your child off in the gym (Family Life Center) downstairs. Then we will bring your child upstairs for Connect Group (Sunday School) at 10:35. We will bring them back downstairs for you to pick them up concluding the 10:45 service at 11:50. If you are NOT staying for both hours, you may pick your child up in the gym.
• A computer-based child check-in system for ALL children (babies through 5th grade) is in place with stations located in both the Preschool and Children’s halls.
• Each Sunday, we have trained volunteers available to assist you in the check-in process. This easy process involves entering your last name, selecting the appropriate class for your child, and printing your child’s label and pick-up labels. Your child will be released only to an adult with the pick-up label matching the child’s label.
• We have a new First-Time Guest Child Check-in Form where people new to Deep Creek can save time by Checking-in online before they come. They are to come to the downstairs main Check-in area upon arrival at Deep Creek.
• While in our care, each child’s safety and security is our top priority.
• ALL volunteers have background checks before working with children.
• If you are needed while your child is in our care, we will contact you by displaying the 3 digits on your child’s check-in label on the message board in the Worship Center, so that you may come to the children's area and receive or console your child.
In KFC we teach the children the importance of Worship, that it is not about singing songs, but how we offer our gifts back to God. Children work throughout the year in order to lead Worship in theWEDNESDAY NIGHTS (September - May) main Worship services on Sunday and a Spring Drama & Musical in May. We believe giving children opportunities to serve and lead in front of the church builds self esteem, leadership, and a stronger sense of who they are in Christ and as a part of our church family.
1st-3rd grade ~ A high energy media driven program with the ultimate virtual teacher, Johnny Rodgers! Together, the children engage in a bible lesson told in a fast paced and fun way so they will stay engaged, and we move into “Qwizmo” where the children join into teams and earn points based on what they have learned. We then use our “map book” to reinforce the lesson and give mom and dad an opportunity to see what they are learning. Our program is designed to give the children an opportunity to make new friends and create deeper relationships based on God’s love.
4th & 5th grade ~ Preteen bible study that disciples kids and answers the tough questions they have about God, themselves, and others. Fun activities and a great way to make friends with others who share their faith and readies them for moving into middle school.
Children who have completed grades 3-5 are encouraged to attend Children’s camp during the summer for a jam-packed week of fun and spiritual growth. This is a tremendous time that will eternally impact the life of your child.
Trace it back to the facts! The evidence is clear. The proof is all right here! Children will discover, decide, and defend the truth about who Jesus really is with LifeWay’s Agency D3 Vacation Bible School. From the crafts, to missions, to outdoor recreation, to the high energy worship rally...our goal is to make sure your child is excited to learn about God and comes into a lasting relationship with him! Because of all the fun & excitement, by the end of the week, kids will want to do it all over again!