The Worship Arts Ministry is made up of volunteers... just like you! There are many opportunities for you to use your gifts to lead worship at Deep Creek. If you have a love for the arts and are looking for an exciting, joyous place to begin serving, please take a closer look at the opportunities listed below.
Participants in the Worship Arts Ministry see themselves as worship leaders and ministers, not performers. They do not desire to draw attention to themselves or even the art form they are using, but to usher people to the throne of God by offering and modeling authentic worship with excellence, joy, and reverence.
Deep Creek Baptist Church Worship and Technical Arts Ministry Vision Statement: Bringing the PEOPLE of God...Into the PRESENCE of God...for the PLEASURE of God...to experience the POWER of God...and accomplish the PURPOSE of God...
- Celebration Service (9:15am) & CROSSOVER Service (10:45am, once a month)
Worship Team Singer
- Celebration Service (9:15am) & CROSSOVER Service (10:45am)
Worship Band Rhythm Section
- Celebration Service (9:15am) & CROSSOVER Service (10:45am)
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Electric Bass, Drums, Percussion, Color Instrument (Saxophone, Flute, Violin)
- Celebration Service (9:15am)
- Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Saxophone, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Tuba, Violin, Viola, Cello, String Bass, Harp, Percussion (Timpani, Bells, Chimes, etc.)
Hand Bell Choir (Seasonal)
Actor (Speaking & Non-Speaking)
Children’s Choir (Ages 4-12)
Children’s Choir Assistants
Hair & Makeup Artist
Sunday Program Assistant
Sunday Stage Crew (Setup and Tear Down)
Stage Design Team
- Painters & Crafters
SLAM Team (Sound, Light & Media)
- Technical Director
- Audio Engineer (Live and Post-Production)
- Camera Operator
- Lighting Designer
- Lighting Operator
- Video Editor
- Video Switcher
If you know you will need childcare for a particular rehearsal or event (even regular rehearsals), please utilize the childcare form by CLICKING THIS LINK. Please remember that you are responsible to inform and cancel if your child will not be there on a date for which you have registered. Please give 24 hours notice for cancellations.
Specific descriptions and other information for each area of service can be obtained by CLICKING HERE or by contacting the Worship Arts Ministry directly:
Lucy Wright, Worship Arts Administrative Assistant
487-2182 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliff Lambert, Assistant Pastor of Worship Arts
Ira White, Director of Media
- top -
Each of our classes has a curriculum with lessons designed to help even the youngest children begin to understand that God made everything for a purpose-even them!
We have positions for teachers, leaders, helpers, subs, security, and volunteers for set up and break down in all the areas below:
Sunday Morning CONNECT GROUPS
9:15am & 10:45am
Bible Study • Worship • Arts & Crafts • Snacks
6:00-8:00 Club 34
This is the time for your 3 and 4 year olds to learn how they can worship God through Missions. They are involved in learning, praying, giving, and doing missions. They will learn of missions work in North America and throughout the world. Each month, they will learn of a missionary serving God in different places, to help them understand that not everyone knows about God’s love and what we can do to help others learn about this good news!
6:00-8:30 Club Nursery
Are you plugged in? Don’t forget that while your Preschoolers are at Club 34 we also have Club Nursery (ages 0-2). So, if you want to attend a Bible Study or maybe even join the choir we have something for everyone!
For more information or to begin serving now please contact Tande Reckley, Director of Preschool Ministry, at 487-2182 or email@example.com
The Kids Ministry at Deep Creek is a great place to serve! Our goal is to lead children to an clear understanding of who Jesus is and why they should choose to make Him their personal Savior. Once children have made that decision we lead and teach them in knowing Him more and what it means to be a Christian and live a life pleasing to Him. We truly believe in Proverbs 22:6~ "Train a child up in the way he should go and when he is old he shall not depart from it."
We have positions for teachers, helpers and subs in our Connect Group classes every Sunday morning at 10:45am beginning in kindergarten - 5th grade. At 9:15am am on Sundays, we have "Kidstime" our children's worship service. This is a high energy fun place for kids to learn more about Jesus and virtues that we should live by as those who love and want to follow Him. At "Kidstime" each week we have a time of worship with our praise team, then a storytime and end with a 15 minute small group lesson by grade to help the kids remember and take away with them what they have learned. We have many opportunities for serving~ either as a grade leader or helper, being a part of the praise team, or helping with security, set up and break down.
We also offer mid-week programming from Sept-May each year on Wednesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 pm. Children's Choir is 6:00-7:00. Children learn songs, choir techniques and the importance of praise and worship. The children are taught to be able to lead worship at our Sunday church services a couple of times a year. We are always looking for people to serve as helpers and teachers in this important ministry. Then from 7:00-8:00 we have children's bible study.Our kindergarten- 3rd graders do a video based learning curriculum and are taught about prayer. Our 4th & 5th graders participate in a movie based curriculum that engages them and asks questions that take them deeper into their relationship and understanding of bible principles. Helpers are needed for both areas of bible study.
If you are interested in blessing our children by serving in the Children's Ministry, please contact Jen Davis, Director of Children's Ministry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We desire to see young people come to know and worship God through their relationship with Jesus Christ, to live a life that is connected to other believers through continued spiritual growth, and to use their lives to serve the world with the love of Jesus.”
In order to accomplish our church's purpose (worship, connect, serve) in this way DCBC Student Ministries depends on our church family to invest in the lives of our students to be able to lead them in worship, connect them to their church family, and lead them in serving the world with the love of Christ.
There are three levels that make up our student ministry that we believe helps us to achieve our church's vision of worship, connect, serve. LEVEL ONE is our Sunday morning Connect Groups. We have connect groups at the 9:15am hour and at the 10:45am hour. The purpose of our connect groups is to Connect our students to their church family and to give them an environment where they engage God's Word through interaction and discussion with their connect group leaders. LEVEL TWO is our mid-week worship service. For high school this is called Anthem and for Middle School "6:35 Network." Now these two services give our students the chance to fulfill the Worship part of our ministry. It is in these services that our students are lead before God's Throne in creative worship, challenged in their faith through Biblical messages, and engaged in purposeful, Christ-centered relationships. LEVEL THREE is comprised of events that we have spread throughout the year such as our discipleship weekend, retreats, summer camp, missions projects, and various other events. These events go to supplement our worship and connect while also offering the opportunity for our students to Serve others with the love of Christ.
Having explained these levels here are the areas of service that is needed in DCBC Students ministries, in order of commitment level:
1. Connect Group Leader: The Connect Group Leader has the highest commitment level because they are investing in the lives of their students every Sunday morning through teaching them and leading them through God's Word. We have an online based Bible study Curriculum that guides each Connect Group Leader and helps them facilitate discussion in small groups.
2. Anthem or "6:35" Leaders: These leaders responsibility is to be present for our mid-week worship services and to build relationships with our students for the purpose of helping them to encounter the Gospel and further their walk with Christ. These leaders will also be facilitating a small 10 minute discussion at the end of the message that we call Family Groups.
3. Mission Minded Youth coordinator: We are looking for someone who has a heart for missions and would be willing to commit to coordinating the missions wing of our student ministry. Mission Minded Youth gives the opportunity for our students to reach out to their surrounding community with the love of Christ through various mission projects. The coordinator would be responsible for facilitating a monthly meeting with the students and helping them to set up mission projects for our student ministry to serve in.
4. Worship Band: We are always looking for talented musicians to come along-side of our students to teach and lead them in what it means to lead others in worshiping our Lord. We have a High School and Middle School worship band that would benefit greatly from adults investing in our students and helping them build their talents so that they can serve God's kingdom with them.
5. Help with Meals for Anthem: We are looking to do meals for our Anthem (High School) Students during the school year. To fulfill this we are looking for leaders that would be willing to serve our students in the kitchen and for those who would be willing to donate meals or supplies for meals.
6. Event Leaders or Chaperones: When it comes to our events that we have through out the year we are always in need of adults who are willing to chaperone our students. Many of our events have a great number of students and making sure that everyone is transported to and from events as well as kept safe while at an event is very important. An event leader is a great spot to serve for those that can't commit to some of the more taxing positions or for those who are serving in other areas but want to be a part of the spiritual lives of our students.
For more information, or to join our team, please contact Nick Smith, Associate Pastor of Youth, at email@example.com or 487-2182.
- top -
- Greet people on Sundays as they come from the parking lot to enter building
- Direct parking on special events
- Greet people as they enter the foyer on Sundays
- Guide new people to preschool checkin area if needed
Preschool parent checkin greeters
- Greet families as they arrive in the pre school checkin area
- Assist parents with checkin on the computer (need to be comfortable with using a computer)
- Greet people at worship center doors and give them a worship program
- Help people find a seat if necessary
- Man the welcome center desk
- Give directions and field questions people might have
There will be training provided for all welcome ministry positions.
For more information, or to join our team, please contact Debbie Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCBC Builders for Christ is a group of men, women and children serving our Lord Jesus Christ in the mission field of church construction. We help churches build their buildings by providing and coordinating volunteer labor for cabinet construction, food preparation and other required services. Our teams consist of volunteers from all walks of life including retired senior adults, students, contractors, homemakers, professionals and fire fighters. There is a job for everyone. All we need are servant hearts and willing hands. Contact Cully Culpepper for further information, 487-2182.
Annual Outreach Ministry Opportunity
DCBC is proud to be a National Collection Center for Operation Christmas Child. Each year, a volunteer staff receives thousands of boxes and packs them for shipment to the Operation Christmas Child processing centers. Join us in November and help us as we work to create smiles for many children.
We also have a group which organizes community service projects to give men and their families an opportunity to serve in and outside of the church.
Extend the love of Jesus Christ to those who have been admitted into the hospital, nursing home or confined at their homes.
The food and clothes closet is open every Tuesday from 10AM-Noon. We need volunteers to assist with sorting and packing food and clothes for families, greeting the visitors and maintaining records of each visit, grocery shopping, and more!
Make prayer an initial and constant effort that will under gird every aspect of ministry. Provide prayer request forms and prayer request boxes through the church. Maintain and email list of prayers who are committed to quickly responding to every request for prayer.
Senior adult singing group that meets on Wednesdays at 11:00am to sing, pray and love the Lord together. They share their faith by singing at nursing homes and assisted living facilities around the South Hampton Roads area.
Crochet group that meets weekly on Tuesdays from 1:00-3:00 to crochet afghans and prayer shawls for hospice and ICU patients, make salvation dolls for missionaries to use with children here and in other countries and also support the Crisis Pregnancy Center through various projects. No crochet experience is necessary to join the group. They will teach anyone who comes how to crochet!
For more information, contact:
Larry Ryals, Associate Pastor of Pastoral Care,
email@example.com or (757) 487-2182
Diana Caldwell, Secretary - Pastoral Care & Administrative Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 487-2182
Those serving in the Administration Ministry are an essential team of volunteers who perhaps prefer to work “behind the scenes”. We have a wide variety of opportunities to serve, from office work to building and grounds. Some of these include:
• Greeting Visitors
• Answering Phones
• Special Projects & Mailings
• Blood Drive Coordination
• Public Safety & Emergency Response
• CPR Certification Instructor
• Interior Design
• Carpet/Tile Mechanics
• Building & Grounds Maintenance (painting, plumbing, construction, etc.)
• Vehicle Detailing
No skill is too small or great! Whether you have a few minutes to sharpen pencils and distribute pens/pencils throughout the Worship Center, or you like to spend a few hours organizing closets or files, or passing out tickets for productions. Maybe you enjoy hands on work like painting or building. Whatever your skill, we have a place for you.
For more information, or to join our team, please contact Nicole Clay, Administrator, at email@example.com, or in the church office at (757) 487-2182, extension 215.